Thursday, March 4, 2010

Budgeting

I decided to start calculating how much I spend on groceries for Corey and I so we can have an idea what to budget for when we're married. I decided that $200 for the month would be a good number. So I decided to start at the beginning of March and be super savvy with my shopping. The first trip went so well that I am really excited about meal planning and grocery shopping for us. 

I've been following a new BYUtv show, The Food Nanny. And although I don't fully watch the show I love the ideas Liz gives. A couple of us listen to the show while at work. Her plan is to do grocery shopping every two weeks and have everything planned out and written down before going to the store. She came to the office the other day and signed some of her recipe books for our Business Leadership Counsel. I'm going to see if I can get a copy because I LOVE recipe books. Not that I follow recipes but I like to get ideas.

My first trip to the store this month, for two weeks of groceries, cost around $40. Yep! Now I took into consideration I had just bought some stuff over the weekend that we didn't use until the month of March so I added that into the budget. But I'm so excited to see just how much I can save. Maybe we can go out on a date one night this month! I think if I can go under $200 each month I can save it up for winter when Corey's landscaping work isn't in much demand. 

Seriously so much fun!

3 comments:

  1. Hey, when are your engagement pics going to be posted somewhere? I want to look at them! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. She said she would post some tonight and finish editing them this weekend to send them off.

    rubysunrise.blogspot.com

    I am so freakin' excited!

    ReplyDelete
  3. you should check out mint.com and http://www.savvyshopperdeals.com/component/option,com_shoppingwizard/Itemid,13/

    ReplyDelete