Friday, November 16, 2012

Free Tip: Green Onions

I have learned a lot from Pinterest.  No, really I have! For example: Did you know that you can get regrowth from your green onions?

I pinned this a while back:


Finally remembered to keep my green onions rather than throw them away.  I had my doubts that it would work but it was worth a try. 

I will have you know my thumb is far from green.  Ask Mr. H, I kill every plant that comes into our home/garden.  I have killed a number of basil plants, tomato plants, and flowers.  Currently I have a tree only needs water once a month and I am lucky if I remember to do that.  So far it lives but I am sure it is just a matter of time.  Miraculously we still have a blueberry bush but it has never had blueberries and only had leaves for a brief moment.  So I guess it's a bunch of blueberry bush branches (say that 10x's fast).  

But regrowing green onions I can do! I've regrown them at least 4 or 5 times.  I just grab my kitchen scissors and chop as much as I need.  My favorite thing to put them in is eggs. I spray a bowl with Pam, beat two eggs, and add salt/pepper/green onions. I shamelessly microwave them until they are almost done, add some cheese and cook them until done and melted. 

Microwaved eggs aren't for everyone.  Mr H really doesn't like them!

No comments:

Post a Comment