Sunday, September 11, 2011

Have you Forgotten?


Has it really been ten years? I remember it so well. I was in 8th grade and none of my teachers had said anything. In one of my last classes, a history class, the teacher asked us to have a moment of silence. I didnt know why but I did it anyway. He then takes to us about the military and how we would all end up being drafted. I remember feeling the conversation was very strange.

I didn't hear anything else about what had happened until driving home after school with my mom. She turned on the radio and as recordings from previous news segments played, I was shocked at what I heard, this being the first time I had heard of the attack. My mom explained what had happened. I guess my teachers were too much in shock to tell us or I wasn't listening.

I was glued to the tv the rest of the night, watching the towers fall over and over.

It's amazing how devastating 9-11 was and yet as a nation we have grown stronger. It's amazing how devastating natual disasters are as well and yet as communities and families we have grown stronger. Please watch the following video and know how important family is to me. I know there is a God, a Heavenly Father. And I know he loves me and my family.  

No comments:

Post a Comment